Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is governed by a seven-member board of trustees which is responsible for all policy decisions. Board members are elected from trustee areas by the registered voters of nine communities: Castro Valley, Dublin, Hayward, Livermore, Pleasanton, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Sunol and Union City.
District Mission Statement
“The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District (CLPCCD) offers innovative educational
opportunity and support services to prepare students to succeed in a diverse global
society by challenging them to think critically, to engage socially, and to acquire
workplace knowledge and educational skills.”
Reviewed: August 20, 2022
On October 17, 2023 the Board of Trustees approved words that describe what they value about themselves as individuals and how they work together as a Board of Trustees for the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. These fundamental words became Board Values. The Board wishes to renew their commitment and dedication to these values.
- Belonging - We embrace and celebrate the diversity of all members of the District by promoting an environment of equity in which people of all diverse races, gender, ages, sexual orientation, and religion feel welcomed, respected, valued and recognize the District as a community in which they belong.
- Collaboration - We are committed to fostering a spirit of teamwork internally with our students, faculty, classified professionals, administrators, and among the Board while expanding our external partnerships with education, industry, and our community.
- Excellence - We strive to continuously reflect, learn, and improve programs, practices, and services to ensure excellence within our programs.
- Innovation - We encourage an educational and operational environment that promotes actions and processes that create new methods, ideas, and opportunities to continuously improve.
- Integrity - We function in an accountable and transparent manner while adhering to the highest professional standards.
- Stewardship - We are committed to the enhancement, preservation, conservation, and effective utilization of our resources.